An Overview of Osteopathic Treatment
Osteopathy is a manual therapy based on the principles that the body; is self-healing, it acts as a whole, and its function and structure are interrelated.It aims at improving your health across all body systems through manipulating and strengthening your musculoskeletal framework. A chiropractor in Manhattan, KS, uses this hands-on technique to treat abnormalities, improve circulation, balance body systems and provide good overall health. This treatment method requires no surgery or drugs to treat chronic pain. Diagnosis and treatment are made with the hands making it suitable for everyone, including infants and the aged.
Osteopathic Techniques Used In Osteopathy Chronic Pain Clinics
The chiropractor does not only focus on the problem area but also the whole body. The manual techniques used in osteopathy are called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM). They include;
- Visceral manipulation. These are gentle movements of the abdominal and pelvic areas
- Soft tissue massage to help release and relax muscles
- Spinal manipulation
- Stretching muscles and joints
- Gentle, rhythmic joint movements known as articulation
- Muscle energy techniques which encourage muscles to work against resistance
- High-velocity thrusts
Disorders Treated Through Osteopathy
- Nerve entrapment
- Golfer’s and tennis elbow
- Foot, hip, knee, and ankle pain
- Neck and back pain
- Shoulder and elbow pain
- Sports injuries
- Postural problems
- Pregnancy-related discomfort
- Infant apnea and colic.
Procedure for Osteopathy
The first step is to make an osteopathy chiropractic appointment at Premier Chiropractic & Wellness – a chiropractic clinic in Manhattan. Our osteopathy chiropractor will ask you about your symptoms, general health, and ongoing medical care. The specialist will use the hands to carry out a physical exam. For 1-2 hours, the focus will be on areas of weakness, restriction, tenderness, or strain in your body.The patient will demonstrate simple movements and stretches, which will help the osteopath to make a correct analysis of the patient’s movement and posture.
A technique known as palpation is used to assess the health of ligaments, joints, and tissues. Qualities like density, congestion, scarring, dehydration, and resilience loss in the patient’s tissues are checked for. Once the problem is found, a suitable treatment plan is set up. Several sessions may be scheduled. The physician may advise the patient on some changes in diet, lifestyle, and home exercise programs. The patient is made aware of expected side effects like soreness, fatigue, or a slight headache for a few hours after treatment.
Benefits of Osteopathic Treatment
- Osteopathy does not require surgery or medication.
- It helps manage chronic pain by reducing strain on joints, relieving tension, and improving posture.
- It provides treatment and relief for several ailments.
- This treatment reduces insomnia and sleeplessness caused by chronic pain.
- It eases pregnancy discomfort caused by hormonal and structural changes in the body. Osteopathy eases muscle tension and systemic stress caused by these changes and restores balance in the body.
- Osteopathy reduces discomfort caused by conditions like asthma, irritable bowel syndrome, and arthritis.
- Effective osteopathy therapy by a chiropractor in Manhattan helps prevent musculoskeletal problems by keeping you more agile.
- An increase in muscular flexion and resilience through osteopathic treatments makes tissues less likely to be damaged under stress.
- It encourages the body to self-heal and corrects structural damages by encouraging the flow of various fluids through their tissues.
- This treatment increases circulation in the body. This ensures oxygen and nutrients are well distributed, lymphatic balance is increased, there is decreased inflammation, and blood pressure is reduced, among other benefits.
- Osteopathy assists the patient in relaxing through an increase in dopamine levels released during skin-to-skin contact.
- Osteopathy can be safely and freely discontinued or practiced, unlike other treatments which result in potential addiction.
Who Cannot Receive Osteopathic Treatment
The chiropractor in 66503 does not recommend osteopathic treatment for people who have the following issues;
- Bone infections and diseases
- Ligament tear or damage
- Joint inflammation or infection
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Cancer of the bones
- Dislocated, fractured, or broken bones
- Patients using blood-thinning medications are also not ideal candidates for osteopathy.
Make an appointment with a Chiropractor in Manhattan, KS, to receive treatment for any of the disorders listed above and enjoy pain-free living.