Types of Chiropractic Treatment
Are you looking for alternative treatments to promote holistic body wellness and health? It is a common concern for patients, especially those who have struggled with chronic body aches for a prolonged period. Thankfully, you do not have to lead the rest of your life with body pain. Trying out chiropractic treatments can cause a tremendous improvement in your body’s health.
What Is Chiropractic Treatment?
Many health practitioners would define chiro care as a form of treatment specialized for treating and managing mechanical health disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Chiropractic treatment Manhattan, KS, mostly focuses on the health of the human spine, offering alternative solutions for treatment that are not typical in standard medical protocols.
How Does the Treatment Work?
Chiro care works through spinal manipulation that entails adjusting the alignment of your spine. The basis of chiropractic treatment is that a properly aligned and healthy spinal column will translate to overall body wellness.
The treatment techniques in chiropractic care involve exerting controlled pressure on strategic areas of your spine to relieve pain, pressure, and tension in your body. Depending on the reason for your treatment, your physician will use a range of hand motions safely along your spinal column to properly align it for optimal body functionality. You would require more than one session of chiropractic treatment to realize an improvement in the pain you’ve been having.
When Is Chiropractic Treatment Needed?
Not all health problems can be resolved by a chiropractor near you. These health professionals offer relief to pain and discomfort in the body that is linked to spinal health. At Premier Chiropractic & Wellness, our primary concern is to promote the health and wellness of your body by alleviating pain in your connective tissues, muscles, joints, and bones. We apply different chiropractic treatments alongside conventional medical treatment, not necessarily as a substitute. Some of the instances that indicate you need chiropractic care near you include:
- Back pain – is the most common problem handled by chiropractors. Chronic back pain can be crippling enough by limping your motion and reducing your ability to get regular life tasks done.
- Headaches – patients with persistent and recurrent headaches can benefit from chiropractic adjustments.
- Fatigue – chiropractic adjustments promote relaxation.
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Physical therapy after traumatic injuries
Types of Chiropractic Treatments
Chiro physicians can employ different approaches for body treatment and wellness, including the following:
- Spinal adjustment – is also called manual therapy. It is a fundamental approach in chiropractic care that promotes healthy nerve function, responsible for general body wellness. The technique comprises gentle
- pressure in conjunction with body stretches to manipulate the alignment of the spine.
Spinal decompression – is another treatment focused on spinal alignment, concentrating more on stretching motions to promote better circulation of oxygen and blood in your body as you lay on a table. The approach targets certain aspects of spinal health like bulged, slipped, herniated, and degenerated discs.
- Thompson Drop-Table technique – is made possible by a specially customized table that is heavily padded and fitted with a drop mechanism. The drop mechanism of the table allows for a feeling of light vibration after a thrust pressure from your physician.
- Activator method – involves a small hand-held tool used as an activator for your treatment. It releases gentle impulses targeted to the vertebral region of your spine for improving your nervous system.
- Diversified technique – patients looking to restore their mobility can rely on the diversified technique in chiropractic care. The diversified approach targets dysfunctional joints, misaligned spine, and limited motion of ligaments. Your physician will apply precise thrusts on parts of your body to promote mobility and range of body motion.
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatments
If you are looking for additional reasons to convince you about trying out chiropractic services near you, consider the
following benefits of the treatment:
- Non-surgical treatment – you do not always have to result to surgery when you have pain or an ailment.
- Promoting relaxation – even when feeling overwhelmed and stressed, you can turn to chiropractic care to promote calmness.
- Complementing conventional treatment – chiropractors do not ask you to abandon your regular treatment or doctor appointments for alternative treatment. Instead, chiropractic procedures can complement your treatment to promote body wellness.